Monday, January 2, 2017

2016 the year dad passed on to eternity

So it's the last day of the year 2016! Wow!! 


I guess first and foremost I must give praise to the owner and creator of my life for ensuring that I witness the exit of another year. So join me as I give God praise and ascribe all honour, worship and adoration to His Wonderful name! "Thank you Baba God!"

Sitting here this afternoon, thinking of the so much water that has passed under the bridge of 2016, all I can say is "thank you Papa"


In Jan 2016, Joshua and I were with our families in Nigeria for 4 weeks. It was a lot of fun, a great opportunity to bond and hug one another, especially our old parents. 
Little did I know that it was going to be the last time I would see my hero dad. So really it's my 1st Christmas without calling my dad to say "Happy Christmas. 

Dad passed on to eternity in August the month of our wedding anniversary. Dad lived a long and fruitful life and exited at the age of 93. To God be the glory! Nonetheless, we miss him so much already! 
We also went home for the burial ceremony in September making it our 2nd time in Nigeria in 2016!

Our 30th Wedding Anniversary
Joshua and I hit the 30th wedding anniversary on August 9. All these years of living together as husband and wife! All glory to God without whom it wouldn't have been possible. We are so grateful to God for His grace and the love we still have for each other.

Our Son Emanuel  turned 27! Praise God! While still chasing his music dream Emanuel has added "Scndlus Clothing", a Clothing brand he just released. He had a successful 'Pop Up Shop' in the city last October. Right now he has an online shop. 
We are hopeful that 2017 will bring better and greater opportunities for Emanuel and most importantly that he will be planted in the house of the Lord.

Our Daughter Angelique 
It was a great joy to see our 'baby girl" turn 21 in May 😄 
What's more, she finished her Bachelor degree in Psychology too!🙏🏽😄😄. We couldn't be prouder. We are grateful to God for his grace throughout her Uni years.🙏🏽
Go girl! God is good. No limits!! 

Ministry 
*Outreaches to Western Sydney Uni Campus
*Outreaches to Kingsgrove High School through our "Breakfast Club" and "Emotional Quotient Workshop initiatives
*Hosted the 10-day mission team
*Outreaches to Liverpool and Kingsgrove communities 
*Some Water Baptisms
*Many marriage counseling sessions with positive outcomes
*Several Church events including Kids Church Volunteers' Training, Youth Camp and Victory weekends.
*Discipleship/Leadership trainings, Strategic Church Health, Meeting.
*ENSydney Building Fund Dinner.
*Oceania Cluster, etc.
*We also hosted many guest speakers from the EN World.

Major Ministry Trips

*Asian Leadership Team in Tokyo in March
*Oceania Leaders Cluster in Gold Coast.
*Mission Trip to Nigeria 
*2016 World Conference in Cape Town
*Joe's wedding in India

Joshua and I are so thankful for your support of this ministry. Without you, we could not reach Australia and the world with the message of hope to those who need it most.

May 2017 be blessed for you. May God lead you to new big oasis, bless you with His favor and love and bring you to greater heights in all areas of your life, in Jesus' name!

Joshua and Yinka Opadiya


2016 Highlights in pictures. 

With my twin brother and his wifey


With my precious mother-in love











My Hero dad and I back in the day!


Adieu Dad!


30 years and counting



Emanuel our Champ







Angel turned 21 PTL!
















Marking another birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Pastor Yinka, I thank God for the grace on you to carry out these great assignments. Wife, mother, pastor etc etc. This is an excellent way to testify of God's goodness. To God be all the glory. Glad to see that our princess Angelique has her degree already. How time flies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my queen twin sis. Only by His grace. To Him alone be the glory. Love ya!

      Delete
  2. Last comment by Bimbo komolafe of Rehoboth book club lagos

    ReplyDelete